Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Santa's Workshop

I have collected a number of dollhouse miniature toys over the years.  I kept wondering how to display them to advantage so it was either a toyshop or Santa's workshop! 
I had Todd Kruger make me some elves after I had purchased Santa and Mrs. Claus a few years ago.  I felt that they added a touch of fantasy to my setting.  I do not tend to put dolls in my settings - miniaturists either feel strongly about putting them in a scene or not adding them at all.
I decided that separate work tables would help to fill the centre of the room.  The workbench was made by Terry McAllister from the UK and all the drawers are filled with wonderful miniature tools. The toys are by various artisans and if there is anything that you would like identified just leave a comment and I will respond.
With Christmas looming quickly, I thought that you might enjoy seeing my holiday miniature roombox! 
Wrapping Presents
Sorting Dolls

Taking A Nap

The Paint Station

Santa At His Bench

6 comments:

  1. Hello Martha,
    I just have to say, you are an incredibly talented miniaturist!
    The worshop is wonderful and there is no one has an eye for quality miniatures like you do. This roombox just puts me in the holiday spirit even more!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giac,
      Thanks for the compliments!
      It is fun to share these projects of ours!
      Merry Christmas to you and Jo & Ozzie
      Martha

      Delete
  2. Hello Martha,

    I am really feeling festive after reading this post. It is a delightful scene :-)

    Festive Cheers,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie,
      Merry Christmas,
      Martha

      Delete
  3. Martha
    I really like your holiday scene

    Merry Christmas
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marisa,
      Thank you for your comments,
      Merry Christmas to you!
      Martha

      Delete