Friday, 1 November 2013

Another Chair & Sofa Reupholstering Project

I have finished the sofa and chair that I intend to use in my bed sitting room box.  It is turning into a rather feminine room but this light burgundy coloured fabric seemed to work nicely with the colour in the carpet in the bedroom.
Once again, I have used ready made furniture which I took apart and recovered and then reassembled.  It seems a little daunting at first but by just taking your time the glue can be eased apart with these pieces of furniture.  I have been lucky to be able to reuse the templates and the foam.  They go back together usually in the order that I take the chair apart.
Next project - dressing a bed! I can not seem to settle on a bed for this project but will hopefully do so soon!  Then the fun begins filling the rooms with miniatures!
































 

11 comments:

  1. it looks 1,000 times better..the old cover was very ugly and you've turned it into a work of art! well done.

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marisa,
      Thanks for taking the time to comment! I am much happier with this fabric!
      Martha

      Delete
  2. Hi Martha,

    Great job of re-upholstering! I love the colour of the silk that you used…Looking forward to seeing your next post…

    Cheers,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,
      Thanks, I like how it turned out!
      Martha

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous color, Martha --it really freshens up the two pieces.

    XOXO,
    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, it does work beautifully with the fabric that I used for the carpet!
      Martha
      XO

      Delete
  4. Hi Martha! Your sofa and chair are now a very pretty furniture suite . You have chosen not only a great fabric but also a great form for the 2 pieces that you re-covered!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth,
      I can never find anything ready made to coordinate with my chosen décor! It is fun to see the "potential" though in other pieces and with a little effort can work perfectly!
      Martha

      Delete
  5. Beautiful work! Love a new look of chairs! Mini hugs, Natalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalia,
      Thank you, I was quite pleased with how they turned out.
      Martha

      Delete
  6. Hello Martha,
    You really are talented! the reupholstered pieces are just amazing and look so elegant. Absolutely beautiful!
    big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete