Monday, 3 June 2013

Scent Sample Bottle to Lamp!

Just a quick post for those with miniature scent sample bottles......
I purchased this lamp kit a number of years ago. I believe that they are readily available.  I always thought that I would find the perfect base to use with the kit.  It came in the form of a miniature scent sample bottle.  The size was absolutely perfect and the bottle was lovely to make a more formal lamp.
I will have to cover the shade once I determine my final colour scheme for that particular room.  I have covered other plastic lamp shades with success and have added those photos for you to see as well.
And, a final note and progress on my bed sitting room.  I have never been a fan of chandeliers in bedrooms.  So, I asked Raymond Storey to make me a hand blown ceiling light.  I have just attached it temporarily and shone a bright light through to light it up.  I think it will be perfect!



Finished lamp
Bottle waiting to be made into matching pair
Lamp Kit




Covered shade

Covered shade
Raymond Storey ceiling light
 

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi,
      I have just added your blog list by adding it through my dashboard - I will look forward to your posts!
      Martha

      Delete
  2. Yes I agree with Brae! The lamp base IS perfect and they look like they have always been together! Like peas and carrots. I like the ceiling fixture too!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth
      Thank you for your comments - I am quite pleased with the result and Raymond's work and lamp is wonderful!
      Martha

      Delete
  3. Hello Martha,
    You make me want to go out and make lamps. They are just wonderful! I love the ceiling light . Ray Storey is incredibly talented.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giac,
      I will look forward to seeing them when the time comes!
      Hugs,
      Martha

      Delete
  4. Hi Martha,

    What a wonderful way to "recycle" a pretty bottle. I look forward to seeing it when you have it finished.

    Cheers,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,
      You always know just the right thing to say - it is a lovely way to recycle!
      Martha

      Delete
  5. oh my goodness what a great idea, thank you for sharing it I would love to see them both when you are finished.


    Hugs
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marisa,
      I am still working with my fabric choices in that room but will post the finished lamp when I have in done,
      Thanks for commenting,
      Martha

      Delete
  6. You are amazing! The lamp is wonderful! I can't wait to see what you do with the shade.

    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophia,
      I will look forward to seeing a few in your renovated house!
      Martha

      Delete
  7. How lovely! it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosanna,
      Thank you, I am pleased with how it turned out. Have a lovely summer,
      Martha

      Delete
  8. A wonderful project Martha! Thank you for sharing. I also have kept these miniature scent bottles as they are so pretty. Now I will definitely dig them out (where did I put them??) and use them as lamp bases.
    Could you please tell me where you got the lamp kit from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josje,
      There are a few sources for lamp kits - one is cir-kitconcepts.com which is a great source for all things electrical in miniature. But, I think that this one is Tec Innovations and are available through dealers and dollhouse shops. I will see if I can find a specific source for you,
      Martha

      Delete