Saturday, 8 June 2013

French Knot Rugs

As summer approaches, I know that I will not put up many posts on this blog.  That being said, I do tend to find time to work on my "numerous" projects."  I have so many on the go in various stages of completion that I am now endeavouring to finish a few!
If some of you do not know of Teresa's wonderful French knot rug kits and are looking for some rugs to make for your dollhouse - have a look at Teresa's site.   http://teresalayman.com/designs.htm
I have started two - one for my cottage project and perhaps the English Garden rug for that country flower shop box that is on my "to Do" list.
The kits come with the floss and fabulous directions and all you need to master is a French knot which Teresa shows both on her site and in the directions.  These are easily customized by simply changing a few colours of floss or the background colour of a kit to suit your own mini project.
This post was prompted partially by my post on my collecting blog about miniature needlework kits for the dollhouse!
My cottage carpet
English Garden - just started

Floss, Colour Picture and Directions Included!


5 comments:

  1. I love French Knots rugs kits by Teresa Layman. Good luck with all your projects and have a great summer! Mini hugs, Natalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nalalia,
      The kits really are top notch! Have a great summer yourself!
      Martha

      Delete
  2. Hello Martha,
    I look forward to finishing Dewell Manor to be able to start projects like this one. It must be so time consuming but they are lovely. Don't stay away too long for the summer, I will miss your posts.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giac,
      These are the sort of thing you can carry with you and do when you are not at home focusing on the Manor!
      Have a wonderful summer - I am sure we will chat!
      Hugs,
      Martha

      Delete
  3. you have a great blog ^ ^
    you wanna follow each other?
    follow me and let me know with a comment
    and follow you too :))


    kisses
    http://lemonchicbeautyfashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete