I completed a wonderful project with Ray Whitledge and Scott Burgess (the Gentleman's Sanctum) a few years ago but I have been slow to furnish it. I was on a quest for the perfect fabric and sofa for the room. I finally came across some furniture that I like but the fabric was all wrong. So, I set about reupholstering the piece. Now that I have completed the first, I will reupholster another and a couple of chairs in a coordinating fabric.
I took this entire piece apart carefully so that I could use the patterns and the foam. I have done some other projects before where I have had to trace the patterns and cut new foam. I was lucky with this piece and could use the original card and foam as sometimes there is so much glue that it does not come apart easily.
|Fabric to be removed|
|Taking apart settee|
|Fabric cut to shape of wood|
|Remove fabric carefully so that you can use the pattern and foam|
|Cut settee seat fabric to same shape for glueing to wood|
|Eliminating as much fabric as possible in corners|
|I used fast grab tacky glue|
|Fabric was glued to seat - marking where fabric must line up|
|Marking back for lining up pattern of fabric|
|Gluing bottom first as it will show where the seat meets the back|
|Finished pieces to be put back together|
|Glue wherever the pieces are going to touch|
|Newly upholstered - needing trim which is in 1st photo at top|