Saturday, 1 December 2012

Getting Ready For Christmas

I love the holiday season!  And, like many others, I usually find time to decorate my miniature projects for the holidays.
My first class with Ray Whitledge and Scott Burgess was a kitchen class.  It is one of my favourite projects because it has allowed me to showcase some of the miniatures that I have collected over the years.  I have a food background and in my late teens worked in Paris as a part time au pair and with a chef the rest of the time.  I went on to work in a cooking school when I returned to Canada for a number of years after I was married.  I think that perhaps that is why I love miniature food!
Here are a few photos of my kitchen - Santa and his elves have taken a break for some holiday treats!
Hors d'oeuvres and Sliced Ham

Santa and a few elves


Break time and one exhausted elf!


I have recently spent some more time working with resin and have filled some wine glasses.  I managed to break a couple of the glasses so not wanting to throw them out - created a broken glass of wine to salvage the glass!
Wine bottles - Shepherd Miniatures - http://www.shepherdminiatures.co.uk
And preparing for the Christmas buffet - turkey, gingerbread house, champagne - " its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"
I am currently working on a miniature Christmas market stall.  I hope to show you shortly.  I am also going to post my Santa's workshop project shortly on my other blog www.exquisiteminiatures.blogspot.com as it showcases so many of the miniature artisans that I have written about on my collecting blog.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Martha,

    What a wonderful kitchen! It must have been a fun workshop to do and is the perfect showcase for all the fine miniature treats you have collected. I can almost smell the Holiday goodies, they look so realistic :-)

    I love the knocked-over wine glass and its spill…accidents sometimes lead to "Good Things"…and I particularly like the gorgeous vase of roses ;->

    Christmas Cheers,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Martha,

    Het eten in je keuken ziet er erg aantrekkelijk uit. De wijnflessen en omgevallen glazen wijn vind ik ook erg mooi. Ik ben ook dol op miniaturen voor de keuken en die staat dan ook al aardig vol in mijn poppenhuis :)

    Groeten Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Martha!
    You really are an incredible artist! the roombox is beautiful and your collection of mini treasures is wonderful! Everything in the kitchen is just perfect and looks so realistic...and the broken glasses are great!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete