Monday, 17 December 2012

Christmas Market Stall Update

Once again, I find that I love to create in miniature what I enjoy in our day to day lives particularly our holiday traditions!
One of those traditions started in my husband's family.  His grandmother had a small display of German Erzebirge angels which are still lit today as part of a family tradition at Christmas.  I started collecting my own miniature angel orchestra and was delighted when I found a miniature version at a dollhouse show in Germany.
 
When I found the miniature market stall, it seemed the perfect way to display and assortment of Christmas miniatures. I have added two miniature spot lights which lights up my display but I think that next year I will rethink the lighting.  I also added an extra shelf to the front of the display for the assorted gingerbread treats and holiday edibles.








 
 
I hope that everyone has a very happy holiday season!  Best wishes for the New Year and I look forward to seeing what new projects everyone has to share on their blogs in 2013!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Martha,

    This is wonderful! Your display is so like the real thing with many, lovely things to delight the eye. I particularly like the boxes of Christmas baubles as I am seriously addicted to RL glass tree ornaments.

    I am really in the holiday mood now ;-D
    Christmas Cheers,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Martha,
    I looka t your stall and immediately am in the Holiday mood. It looks so beautiful and the quality is wonderful. I love the family tradition of the angels. They are gorgeous.
    Happy holidays Martha, I wish you all the very best and hope 2013 will be an amazing year for you,
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete