Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Work In Progress

The title of my blog "My Projects In Miniature"  had to be plural because it seems that I have so many projects on the go at one time!   While I do not believe any miniature project is ever quite finished, I hope to work towards at least finishing the structures in which to display so many of the wonderful items that I have collected over the years.
I will give you an idea of the range of my projects in this initial post.  My wishlist is endless to create more rooms in miniature but space constraints in my home play a role in what I make in miniature.  At the top of my list though are two flower shops - one a "country style" shop and another more sophisticated one as well.  As well as an interest in floristry, I have a food background which means - you guessed it - a restaurant kitchen!

Townhouse
This is a dollhouse that I bought because of its relatively small size.  My friend Sophia has bought the same house and has changed it to suit her passion for all things French!  She has worked steadily on hers yet mine sits waiting for me to work on it.  I have acquired a number of finishes and some wallpaper which I will show you at a later date!
Summer Cottage
This project is one that I recently purchased to satisfy my desire to build a summer type cottage in miniature.  We spend our summers on the water and I am looking forward to starting this one!
Log Cabin
This is a kit that I started awhile ago as well.  It was modified (I never seem to do things as they are meant to be done) and I actually worked on this one over the summer.....more on this one later.
Le Kiosk
This is a small laser cut Kiosk kit that I purchased a few years ago with a view to turning into a flower stall.  Now, with a desire to do a couple of flower shops - this may turn into something else - any suggestions?
Conservatory
Yet another flower related project, I am working on this one over time.  At the moment, my sheets of copper roofing are sitting outside in the natural elements and will remain there until next spring allowing nature to colour them on its own!
Chanel Suite WB Class
This is my version of the Chanel Suite done in a class with Ray Whitledge.  It is waiting for drapes and furnishings!
TYA Kitchen
The starting point of my miniature restaurant kitchen.  This unit is from the incredibly talented husband and wife team of TYA Kitchen from Japan.
I will make the flowers for my shops once they are built.  I have some wonderful garden related miniatures to add to these projects.

 
 
My Dollhouse
And finally, my dollhouse!  This is an earlier picture of the house.  I often wish that I had started with a smaller project to learn some finishing techniques before I launched into such a large house project.  I made a great many mistakes with this house.   It still needs draperies and a few finishing touches so I will share my progress as I really would like to finish a few more of the rooms in this house.



 


12 comments:

  1. You have lots of lovely projects there for us to follow!

    I'd love to see what you turn the house in your first pic into.

    Welcome with your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene,
      Thank you for your comments, I hope to make some progress on this over the course of our long Canadian winter!
      Martha

      Delete
  2. Hi Martha,

    This is going to be fun! I am going to enjoy seeing all the projects evolve :-)

    Cheers,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie,
      I think you belong in blogland sharing your talents!
      Martha

      Delete
    2. Hi Martha,

      Thanks! *blushing bright red* I am thinking about it…

      Cheers,
      Julie

      Delete
  3. Hello Martha,
    Yay! i'm so happy you created this blog. I think your work is just fantastic and it will be a great pleasure and a priviledge to follow you.
    Yay!
    Big hug my friend,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giac,
      You gave me the extra little push - now I need to get to work!
      Hugs in return,
      Martha

      Delete
  4. So glad you have decided to share your many talents with the whole miniature blogosphere...we all have much to learn from you.

    ST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophia,
      Thanks, You are leaps and bounds ahead in all your projects - I will never catch up!
      Martha

      Delete
  5. Hello Martha!
    I am glad you are joining us with another exquisite blog.
    It is great to get to see your projects and very nice to recall all the classes of ours you have participated in! The quality of your work is wonderful. Your "Rose Dawn' looks amazing.....and now I am excited to see further progress pictures!
    Good Wishes from Ray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ray,
    I have learned a great deal from you and Scott over the years! I wish that I had taken your classes before I built my Rosedawn! Perhaps, the townhouse will reflect some of the skills that I acquired as it progresses.
    Thanks for the good wishes,
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Martha,

    I have just joined your blog and I am amazed you have so many projects!! I lookforward to watching you create!

    Fi x

    ReplyDelete